- Plugs are fittings that provide flow control by plugging branches and outlets – the name is quite self-explanatory.
- Roundhead, hex head and square head plugs are plugged with a round threaded or round smooth end connection and a round, hex, or square head (respectively). The diameter of the round head plug is the same on the top and the bottom, therefore, however, the diameters differ between the top and bottom for hex and square head plugs.
- Threads for the screwed ends of fittings comply to the appropriate requirements of AS 1722 Part 1: Sealing pipe threads and also ISO 7-1.
- Female Ends: Normally supplied with parallel thread.
- Male Ends: Normally supplied with taper threads.
- Black Steel: These fittings are generally degreased and protected with a coating of light oil.
- BS EN 10241 “Steel Threaded Pipe Fittings, Screwed BSP Thread”.
- Australian Standard 1074 “Steel Tubes and Tubulars Threaded or suitable for Threading with Pipe Threads of Whitworth Form”.
- Australian Standard 1650 “Galvanised Coatings on Ferrous Articles”.
|Size||Male Fitting End||Female Fitting End||Actual Barb|
|Imperial||Metric||Inner Diameter||Outer Diameter||Inner Diameter||Outer Diameter|
Size (Imperial): Size designated to match the ID of Fitting in inches
Size (Metric): Size designated to match the ID of Fitting in mm
Male Thread ID (mm): The actual Inside diameter of the Male Fitting in millimetres.
Male Thread OD (mm): The actual outside diameter of the Male Fitting in millimetres
Female Thread ID (mm): The actual Inside diameter of the Female Fitting in millimetres.
Actual Barb OD (mm): The actual outside diameter of the Barbed fitting in millimetres.